Both us and our paper and ink suppliers are ISO 14001 and EMAS certified, guaranteeing great attention to the correct management of forests and to the application of sustainable environment policies also in the long run (guaranteed by our PEFC and FSC certificates).
- 60 million Kg of paper is consumed;
- 47 millions of Kg are purchased directly by Mediagraf Spa.
- 96% of paper comes in paper roll, the rest in paper sheet format, with a weight which corresponds to 38.000 paper rolls.
- Circa 150 paper rolls are used each day; considering an average weight of 54 grams we obtain circa 16 billion of A4 sheets of paper. If the overall weight should correspond to a paper web of 54 grams with a width of 1,29 cm, it would resemble a 823.000 Km paper web (more than 20 times the Earths circumference).
- We use 1.100 tonnes of ink per year.
- The daily functioning of installations involves the annual use of:
- 16 millions of Kw/h of electricity
- 1,6 millions of cubic meters of gas
- 80.000 pallets for the transport of goods each year
- 85.000 square meters of aluminium plates
- A warehouse of only raw materials and finished goods of 3.000 square meters (internal to the plant)
- Around 12 articulated lorries are used each day to receive raw materials and to deliver our finished goods.